Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Blue Jay review


Here they are Canada's MLB team & a team that I have cheered for ever since I can remember.
Fourteen games into the season & every game against the AL East, whats with that?? Personally I don't like the schedule but thats the way it is & there is no turning back now.  The Jays hold a 7-7 record while currently starting their first series with the now arch rival Orioles. Is this record good for who they have played, I believe it is as the Jays usually struggle vs the East.

While the Jays are expected or pegged as the favorites to win the East, the big question coming into the year was the starting pitching because everyone knows about the offense they bring. Well so far its been the opposite as the starting pitching has been on fire & the hitting has been quite poor except for the big 3, Donaldson, Bautista & Encarcion. This brings me back to playing all the games vs the East who tends to pitch the Jays very well. I expect this to change shortly many of the struggling Jays are starting to have some great at bats, if anyone saw the 8th inning of the final game vs Boston will know what I mean.

The starting pitching has been one of the best in baseball lead by the emotional Marcus Stroman & a surprising J.A. Happ. We all witnessed what Stroman could do last year when he came back from an injury that no one except Stroman figured he could come back from to a 4-0 record and help the Jays reach the playoffs for the first time since 93!  Happ on the other hand some say had to win his spot, has been arguably the Blue Jays best pitcher all year giving up 1 ER in each of his starts this season. If the starting pitching can continue to do it's thing, then yes they will certainly be a contender to win the East again.

So with that I will leave you with the first Blue Jay review & look for the offense to kick it up a gear by putting up some runs & winning the series against the Orioles.

Remember if they are going to give you the bag then you might as well take it.

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment